Blog Feeds for Newsreaders
We've joined millions of others around the globe with the establishment of a Blog, or a Web Log, as a forum which combines news with opinion, firstly about refugee issues, but in that also an attempt to create ideas for changing Australia.
This page displays the most recent Blog entries, and links to all Blog items just below that. It also explains some things about the techno-side of News Syndication using RSS Feeds.
There is a new bit of technology around these days. On many websites you'll find one of the little orange buttons like the ones above - they indicate that you can get a newsfeed of a web site into a program called a 'Newsreader', if you have that program installed on your computer.
A quick search of the web will find many free or inexpensive news readers with various capabilities. There are web-based news readers, that work a bit like your personalised web page (heard of My Yahoo!?), to read the RSS feeds you choose - and there are programs you download to your computer. Try searching for "RSS newsreader" or visit the Google RSS directory.
Once you have downloaded and installed a reader, follow its instructions for adding new channels.
Using Firefox, the new browser
If you're one of the millions of people who are sick of Internet Explorer and who are switching to Firefox, the great and free alternative, read this.
Our Blog Feeds are capable of being read by the Firefox' Live Bookmarks. Simply add one of the URL's below, and you'll be automatically tracking updates to our Blog!
This link opens a small HTML page in Firefox with all the Blog titles and summaries:
This link works like a Live Bookmark in Firefox:
This link works in any Newsreader (hotlinked titles only):
This link works in any Newsreader (hotlinked titles AND summaries):
This link brings you to the main Blog page:
Complete list of Blog posts
Below is a list of all posts. This list is manually updated at regular intervals.
- Kim Beazley and the Georgiou Bills
- Lynton Crosby: globetrotting, spreading dirty dog whistles
- Finding Anna: when Immigration gets it really, really wrong
- Ardeshir Gholipour: how we torture a distinguished Iranian
- The man with the gag: witnessing a forced deportation
- The manipulated US Presidential Election of 2004
- Changing worlds: the coming of envirogees
- Bakhtiari family taken: Deported to danger
- Australia's Christmas gift to the Sri Lankans
- Bakhtiyari bungling and the DIMIA media set
- Baxter hunger strike reaches medical emergency stage - and ends for Arabs
- Christmas in the wilderness, keeping Howard intact: Bakhtiaris
- Hungerstrike in the shadow of Bakhtiari case
- Baxter, Bakhtiyari and bullshit: the battle over DIMIA's accountability
- Baxter: eleven days on a tin roof, Orwellian lawyers in the Courts
- Baxter hungerstrike: health deteriorates, calls for independent intervention
- Undermining Civil Rights in the USA - and in Australia?
- Baxter Iranians start second week of hungerstrike
- The Baxter Iranians: Acts of extreme distress
- Palm Island: will Indigenous people get justice for Doomadgee?
- Tony Kevin: Howard in Vientiane - another own goal
- Escape from Australia: WWII role models mix with civil disobedience
- Australian Courts free themselves from draconian Migration Act laws
- Antony Loewenstein: Australia reports Arafat's death and legacy
- Eureka 150 years: Howard snubs Australian history
- The Top 25 Censored Media Stories of 2003-2004
- Fallujah, The US Elections and 9/11: A matter of normalising the unthinkable
- Got a disability? "Get over it, get a job", says Howard
- Feed them mushrooms: the reporting failure from Fallujah
- SIEV X: Where Do We Go From Here Now?
- The ongoing drama in Fallujah
- Refugees: ensuring renewed national attention
- Howard's way with The First Australians: shame, shame, shame
- John Howard refuses protection for Australia's Highest Court
- Falluja: All the makings of a war crime
- Tony Kevin: No need for a dirt unit on John Howard
- The Politics of Fear
- Tony Kevin: "Another Country: Writing from Exile"
- We are just being born...
- George Bush, Peter Singer, God and Family First
- Arundhati Roy: Peace & The New Corporate Liberation Theology
- Robert Bosler and John Howard
- Brendan Nelson: First strike in Howard's Culture Wars
- Australia's 2004 Report Card on Press Freedom looks concerning
- Educating Laurie: More letters
- The aftermath: moving ahead from the 2004 election
- Coming to terms with the 2004 election
- Educating Laurie: Letters
- Labor for Refugees: leaving the ALP?
- Fixing Australia: 100 words
- Mr Laurie Ferguson's email to me
- Not advocating for Labor
- Democracy itself is now at stake
- The ALP: did we vote for this?
- Fixing Australia in one hundred words