801. Caron Passmore, Warnbro WA
802. Andrew Passmore, Warnbro WA
803. Mathew Passmore, Warnbro WA
804. Suzanne Passmore, Warnbro WA
805. David Passmore, Warnbro WA
806. Dr Paul Hwang, Oxford/Boston/Sydney NSW
The rights of refugees and asylum seekers are protected under international treaties and conventions to which Australia is a signatory. The most important of these is the UN International Refugee Convention, which requires host countries to treat asylum seekers with dignity and respect while their claims for asylum are being analysed. The current policy contravenes these principles, and has caused considerable damage to Australia's reputation as a fair and just nation.
807. Tanya Wood, Ferny Hills QLD
808. Corinne Salmon, Mandurah Ocean Marina WA
809. Jane, Perth WA
810. Tim Ramm, Adelaide SA
811. Robin Awaldin, Clayfield QLD
812. Riley O'Brien, Student, Redcliffe QLD
Everyone has the right to feel safe, and to be treated fairly.
813. Rowena Hammond-Darmanin, Mt Gambier SA
Think of the Children! And the Mental Health of those who do not see Nature!
814. Sara Wade-Vuletic, Canberra ACT
815. Monique Sweep, Chelsea VIC
816. Steve Mellor, Woodvale WA
John Howard's Australia is not the Australia I want to be a citizen of and his values are not my values. This document represents the real Australian spirit.
817. Louise McNamara, Two Rocks WA
Australia has always been about giving a fair go. We all need to speak out about these terrible policies, and give asylum seekers a Fair Go.
818. Lauren Ainslie, Perth WA
819. Maureen McGrath, Albion Park Rail NSW
I have read the Visa Document and fully endorse it. Would that our politicians could have the moral fortitude to make such a document the basis for their policies on refugees. Once more I might feel proud to be an Australian.
820. Steven Richards, Perth WA
821. Daphina Dixon, Guildford NSW
This site is a ray of hope in what seems like a very uncaring Australia and world at times.
822. Ky Alecto, Macksville NSW
Considering we are all immigrants the treatment of refugees seems ridiculous, not to mention cruel and embarrassing on an international level. I am ashamed of this government!
823. Mandy Tannouri, Geelong VIC
824. Sean, Geelong Grammar School, Corio VIC
We should be less cold about letting refugees in.
825. Emilly, Geelong VIC
Not often am I ashamed to be called Australian, but when conversation comes up about our Government's treatment of asylum seekers .... I truly am ashamed. Great to see organisations like this one creating awarenesss among the Australian public. There are too many people, especially young Aussies that don't know enough about what goes on in detention centers. To get passionate we have to be informed. Keep informing, and hopefully someday .... Australia will be the sympathetic, respectful and understanding country that we should be.
826. Dani, Northam WA
827. Mandy Tannouri, Geelong VIC
828. Oliver Hort, Lismore NSW
Fair go for people everywhere, not just the rich and lucky. It doesn't take much effort to help change the lives of people who have lived through and still live with incredible hardship and tragedy.
829. Linda Harrison, Sydney NSW
830. Anita Joseph, Parramatta NSW
831. David Hornsby, Fitzroy North VIC
832. Kirra, Brisbane QLD
833. Antonis Symeonakis
1) It is more important to fight against the conditions that create the refugees than to try to support them;
834. Sonja Vukovich, Perth WA
835. Richard Pinferi, Hobart TAS
836. Dr Anina Rich, Researchers for Asylum Seekers Sydney NSW
Researchers for Asylum Seekers support The People's Visa document - and look forward to the day when our Government follows these guidelines!
837. Liam O'Donoghue, Various Anarchist Collectives, Wentworthville, Western Sydney NSW
838. Lisa Mantscheff, Lismore TAFE, Lismore NSW
839. Julie Deakin, Newcastle NSW
It is quintessentially Australian to arrive here by boat with the a*** out of your pants and some mongrel pointing a gun at you. Everyone who ever arrived here was a refugee.840.