The Australian People's Refugee Visa
List of Endorsements 501-600
501. Leesa, Amnesty Mount Gambier, SA
502. Lauren Stalley, Sydney NSW
None of us earned our right to be born here. We were just lucky. There is no resident here with the ethical right to say that they deserve more chances in life than the refugees. Detention centres are just punishment for victims of crime.
503. Annick Bourveau, Attac, Melbourne Vic
Shame on Howard and the Government, and Labour too.
504. Emma Button, architecture student, Adelaide SA
I believe this document is a good means of taking a stand against the injustice taking place in our so called 'free' country.Refugees are human like the rest of us and should be treated as we expect to be treated, with love and respect, especially the children!
505. William Kerr, Normanhurst, NSW
506. Alison Creed, Amnesty International, Melbourne, Victoria
Refugees are people and that is all that needs to be said - they should be treated like people not animals!
507. David Pickles, Queer Radical, Perth WA
In solidarity with all those detained, I hope for some show of humanity soon from our racist/homophobic government. Doesn't the howard government care about U.N charters and treaties???
508. Matt Crosby, Melbourne, Victoria
I firmly support this document. When I see the way asylum seekers are treated in my country, I feel ashamed to call myself Australian.
509. Marco Chiappi, St Kilda, Victoria
510. Peter Russell, UAICC and RAR Port Augusta, SA
All those who have fought and died for this country have done so in vain if Howard is allowed to continue to socially re-engineer this country. He has no mandate for this and must be stopped.
511. Katherine Woodward, Kellyville, NSW
512. Margaret Heggie, RAR Mullumbimby NSW
Cannot stand by and let the Howard government defy both UN convention and its own laws on the treatment of refugees. And certainly not in my name.
513. Dianne Tavakoli, PERTH, Western Australia
C'mon Aussie C'mon. Let's open up our hearts and minds and give the asylum seekers "a fair go".
514. Christine Barton, Community Development Student, Pascoe Vale South, Victoria
515. Adam, Under 16, Adelaide SA
I believe that Australia should not let refugees go through the process of detention centre. I believe that the refugees should stay in detention centres for a couple of days while they are being processed and then they should be let out and be able to live a normal life like you and me.
516. Karlene Lucas, Southport Qld
I fully support the draft document and strongly oppose the Australian Governments stance on Asylum seekers.
417. Andrew Lynch, Claremont, WA
518. Nicola Paris, Human being, Fremantle WA
519. Abdul Malick Nuhhu Billa, Ashanti Goldfield Company, Ghana
520. Beatrice Marett, Surry Hills Sydney
521. Mark Gallagher, Murwillumbah, NSW
Australia used to be a country with a strong ethic for offering a hand to oppressed people why have our politicians of today changed that??
522. June Marks, Chilout, Adelaide SA
I am ashamed of our current policies 'managing' those who seek asylum in Australia. Too little is known about the ongoing suffering.
523. Mrs Kerrie McIntosh, Bonnet Bay, NSW
I feel a very very strong desire to extend compassion, friendship, a welcome and every form of assistance to asylum seekers in our country and to eliminate the massive dis-information which contributes to asylum seekers being kept in inhumane and intolerable conditions.
524. Mrs Kerrie McIntosh, Bonnet Bay, NSW
The strength these people have to get this far is amazing - if we had such strength the world would be a better place. Let's help them to live a peaceful existence in this wonderful place. There must be governmental guidelines but surely there is a better way of handling this situation than locking men, women and children behind cages.
525. Anne Simpson, Rural Australians for Refugees, Bellingen NSW
526. Anthea Whitwell, Brisbane Qld
These people are not "illegal" because they seek a place to pursue a safe, decent life for themselves and their children. They have jumped no "queue" except one created by the Howard government, a "queue" they almost universally could neither have known of, nor had any opportunity to join, nor been expected to wait in given their desparate situations. We are making innocent people suffer horribly. One day the world will know what really is happening in our detention camps. Howard, history will judge you a monster.
527. Karen Booth, Sydney NSW
528. Sean Monahan, Perth WA
I'm not ashamed of being Australian. Australians are, in my experience as a migrant, more generous spirited than most. It's the Australian government I'm ashamed of.
529. Kathy Anketell, Fremantle WA
530. Andrew Mitchell, Sydney NSW
531. Chris Cudmore, St. Vincent de Paul, Young NSW
This generation of Australians will be rightly condemned by our children for the apalling policies applied to the weakest of God's children.
532. Cate Sullivan, Tasmanians for Refugees, Hobart, Tasmania
533. Joe Orbach, Adelaide, SA
534. Belinda Coates, CASA, Ballarat VIC
535. Mr. R. Berndtsson, Melbourne, Victoria
How do these guys (Ruddock, Hill & Howard) sleep at night?
536. Marcus Roberts, Perth, WA
537. Claire Condon, Palmerston, NT
538. Allen Edwards, Refugee Action Coalition (NSW) Sydney, NSW
I am appalled that Australia is party to such blatant abuses of human rights - it makes me ashamed to be Australian! Close the concentration camps now! Free the refugees!
539. Diana Meeth, Sydney, NSW
How ashamed we should be!
540. Rungula, Department of Justice, Waikiki, Western Australia
Keep up the good work, good one, we will adopt the asylum seekers and allow them to become aboriginal australians, then try locking them up jonny jack boots
541. Tony Carr, Melbourne, Victoria
542. Daniel Lowbeer Sydney, NSW
543. Rod Quantock, Melbourne, VIC
544. Mary Kenneally, Melbourne, VIC
545. Wayne Knight, Sydney, NSW
As an individual I strongly endorse this refugee document
546. Cyndy Higgins Rich, Hopecaravan & Flotillas_of_Hope, Oak Island, North Carolina USA
Everything you are doing is so incredible, your organization is a bright and shining light and a beacon of hope. I'm very proud to sign this
547. Kevin Bracken, West Melbourne, VIC
548. Jason Sweeney, Melbourne, VIC
549. Aldo Iacobelli, Adelaide SA
550. Helen Joan Tweeddale, Chilout, St. Ives NSW
551. Lesley Snow, ChilOut, Canberra, ACT
552. Stavroula Kondos, Melbourne, VIC
553. Julia Battersby, Community Aid Abroad, Adelaide SA
554. Gillian Pechey, Maleny QLD
555. Midheta Tajar, Edith Cowan University, Perth, WA
556. Rosie Scott, Sydney, NSW
557. Michael Bartlett, Brisbane, QLD
Every name makes a difference and I am proud to put my name to a document that asks for freedom and justice for all, especially in this context people who are refugees from mistreatment in their country of origin. As an Australian I want them to feel welcome here and I want them to be treated in a fair and compassionate way.
558. Abbas Changezi, Webmaster, http://www.hazara.net - Washington DC, USA
hazara.net documents and defends & helps others who are fighing for the rights of the Hazara people all over the world. Please let us know what we can do to support your cause.
559. Penny Watsford, Uki, NSW
Let's give everybody a fair go
560. Gabrielle Butler, Bendigo, VIC
561. Liz Dean, Northcote, Melbourne VIC
562. Pat and John Law, Nambour QLD
563. Ronald Webb, Kenilworth Qld 4574
564. Kerry Hasell, Brisbane, QLD
565. Maree Bechly, Buderim, QLD
566. Ken Bird, Port Hedland, WA
567. Ben Grono, Albury, NSW
568. Edward Ascroft, Melbourne VIC
This document incorporates the humanity and justice that should guide all Australia's domestic and foreign policies
569. Gordon Smith, Brisbane QLD
570. Ben Grono, Albury, NSW
571. Fay Waddington, Brisbane QLD
572. Chris Cudmore, St. Vincent de Paul, Young, NSW
Truth will eventually prevail
573. Hedy Sussmann, Sydney, NSW
574. Judith Lees, Ride For Refugees, Lower Plenty VIC
575. Stephanie Seaton, Sydney NSW
Words fail me. Actions speak for me. My signature attests!
576. Natasha Kruger-Kostava, Sydney NSW
577. Christina Steel, Newcastle NSW
John Howard, Phillip Ruddock, Amanda Vanstone, et al, are bad people. They lie to and deceive the citizens of Australia. They are especially callous in their evil disregard for the welfare of innocent children.
578. Dorothy Babb, Kur-ring-gai Peace Group, Sydney NSW
I am proud to be included in the numbers of Australians who are outspoken and ashamed of the hypocritical attitude of our government. We are willing to go to war and destroy the infrastructure of countries such as Afghanistan a Iraq but unwilling to accept the refugees. This Govt is lacking in leadership it has not promoted the highest standards of compassion and understanding in the community ... as has the present government of New Zealand. Thankyou to those who put so much effort into the Visa Document.
579. Boronia Davie, Eastwood NSW
580. Helen Tait, Launceston Tasmania
Best Wishes for a new life in Australia - I look forward to the rich interaction with you in humanity and community around Australia
581. Joan Cortez-Baird, Ulverstone, Tasmania
582. Salam Haddad, Castle Hill, NSW
583. Midheta Tajar, ECU/WA Student Justice Group, Perth WA
I was a refugee myself, and I deeply feel their pain.
584. Sofia Ramoi, Brisbane QLD
RESPECT HUMAN RIGHTS!!
585. Tsarina, Brisbane, Queensland
I think that this is a good idea ... a very good idea.
586. Ibrahem Aydiah, Scarborough, Perth
Thanks for all members and I get great support
587. Judi Williams, Rural Australians for Refugees, Murwillumbah NSW
588. Cheryl McDowell, Bowral NSW
I am appalled by our treatment of refugees and am deeply ashamed of what we are doing to these poor peole. The Government's ploy of keeping the refugees out of sight and out of mind unfortunately seems to be working very well. The Opposition's attitude is also a disgrace and we must do whatever we can to change this immoral situation.
589. Sally Keady, Subiaco, WA
Thank you for the opportunity to pledge my support for your cause in opposing the inhumane treatment of the detainees by our government. I don't know how our prime minister can sing the verse of our National Anthem with a clear conscience; when my children sing it at assemblies I just feel a deep sense of shame.("when people come across the seas we've wide brown lands to share" or something like that).
590. George Castley, Newnham Uniting Church, Launceston TAS
Pleasing to see some recent reduction in numbers in detention but more speeding up is urgent.
591. Geoff Reid, Granville, NSW
592. Karen Purser, Canterbury Bankstown PFLAG Group, Sydney NSW
593. Petrula Pettas, Adelaide, SA
I agree with what I have read today and I am pleased to see the growing support that Australia is showing to the refugees.
594. Jose Simsa, RAR Mount Gambier SA
595. Tanya Askey, Refugee Action Collective, Melbourne, Victoria
FREE THE REFUGEES.....PLEASE!
596. Sonya Carter, Newcastle, NSW
597. Monisha Lazarus, Sydney, NSW
What happened to simple goodness and compassion? What are we really afraid of?
598. Karl Haymann, Geraldton, WA
Just wanting to show support and help in any way I can
599. Subhada Das, Beaconsfield, WA
600. Mohammad Shrara, Islamabad, Pakistan