401. Lana Quall, AEU Katherine, NT
402. Anne White, Gingin WA
403. Mrs Nives Walker, One Heart Inc, St Mary's Anglican Church, Swan View WA
Any help for these poor people must be encouraged and supported. I cannot understand the Govt's cruelty towards them.
404. Giordana Cross, Adelaide SA
405. Sonia van de Haar, Sydney NSW
406. Susan Galambos, Shepparton VIC
407. Rima Itani, Perth WA
408. Mick Lambe, Pariah, Darwin NT
The views of People Against Racism In Aboriginal Homelands are available too. Essentially we are disgusted by Australia's participation in a regime that punishes asylum seekers for fleeing persecution.
409. Ema Corro, Pariah, Darwin NT
410. Kay Riordon, South West Action for Refugees, Warrnambool VIC
411. Barbara Taylor, ECU University, Perth WA
412. Gaille Abud, Melbourne, Victoria
413. Lida Eishou, Sydney NSW
Supportive of your cause and strongley believe in helping refugees.
414. John Morris, Socialist Alliance Sydney NSW
415. Victor Potticary, Retired Union Members' Association Inc., Adelaide SA
416. B. Daly-King, Armadale 6112 WA
This has been the most inhumane Government I have ever known in my 70+ years. It has brought shame upon Australia where hitherto they had good International standing. Shame Howard Government.
417. Christine Hanna, Adelaide SA
418. Ian Cotton, Adelaide, South Australia
419. Mark Schroeder, Mount Gambier SA
420. Christie, Perth WA
I don't understand why this isn't common sense? Baffled.
421. Paul and Trish Coghlan, Seymour VIC
There is room in the inn, let them in.
422. Robert Marshall, former Mayor (4 times), Panton Hill, Victoria
It is Howard & Ruddock who are grossly "un-Australian" in their ordering the heartless incarceration of refugees seeking comfort. Howard's "spin" re the government's humbug is extremely disturbing in what until recently was a country of decent values. Australia, once a beacon of light in a somewhat dishonest world, is thoroughly shamed by the government's cruelty and trickery.
423. Greg Spearritt, Australian Democrats, Toowoomba Qld
The Howard Government policies on refugees make me ashamed to be Australian. If we can't change the policies... let's change the government!
424. Christina Best, Ballarat, Victoria
The human rights of refugees MUST be respected and protected. It is NOT illegal to be a refugee.
425. Rohan Hewson, Perth WA
426. Ruth Thomson, Indooroopilly QLD
427. Margaret Reichenberger, Greenwich (Sydney) NSW
428. Kirsty Anderson, Nuku'aloafa, Tonga/Melbourne VIC
429. Jackie Meekham, Perth WA
430. Evie Katz, Melbourne, VIC
431. Ben Moore, Dickson ACT
432. Tanya, Sydney NSW
let them stay
433. Nigel Dale, Justice for Refugees SA Adelaide SA
434. Brooke Lauder, Sydney NSW
435. Edward Ascroft, Melbourne VIC
I hope the refugees currently in Australian detention centres and those seeking asylum are given the freedom and respect they deserve! I stand in solidarity with them.
436. Geraldine Maddrell, Bicton WA
437. Evelyn Dow, Glastonbury & Worldharmony, Gosnells WA
438. Chris Verey, Dorrigo NSW
439. Erin Mooney, Perth WA
How can the government remain so unmercifully unjust?
440. Dawn Butler, Brisbane QLD
441. Maree Green, Adamstown NSW
442. Tony & Anne McLaughlin, Newcastle NSW
443. Jo Boltin, Caulfield VIC
Refugees are welcome. Close the detention centres. Put an end to the torture of asylum seekers in this country. Put an end to the lies, and misinformation that our government and opposition spread for their own selfish and egotistical benefits. History will tell the shameful story of the Howards and Ruddocks and their supporters. I am ashamed of what is happening in Australia.
444. Kate Teys, RAC Victoria, Melbourne VIC
445. Krisno Pryosusilo, Toowoomba QLD
Social justice for all - fair distribution of world resources as well would be nice ...
446. Carole McDonald, Melbourne VIC
I believe that all asylum seekers should be allowed to remain in the community and receive the help and support of our governments while they are going through the process to determine their status.
447. Jim Dixon, Kingsford NSW
A fabulous idea that I am happy to wholeheartedly support.
448. Irene Harvey, Gowrie, Canberra ACT
Where's our compassion?
449. Neil Medhurst, Student at Tenison Woods College, Mt Gambier, SA
450. Ann Paterson, Brisbane QLD
451. Natalie Lowrey, GLOBALROOTS Inc. Melbourne VIC
452. Father Claude Mostowik, MSC Jusice and Peace Centre, Erskineville NSW
453. Cherry Gertzel, Curtin University of Technology, Perth WA
All I can say at this stage is thank you for all your work, please keep going
454. Anne Cutler, Woolooware NSW
I wholeheartedly support this document.I would vote for which ever party adopted this commonsense and humanitarian approach to asylum seekers.
455. Chris Horsfall, Rosebud VIC
I was aware of the redneck, extreme right element in Australia, who are basically against anything I believe in, but even I am surprised that Australia as a nation of people has stood for the forced detention of women and children come here to escape tirany. I feel ashamed that anyone is detained, but to detain women and children is not just inhumane but also gutless and reprehensable. I for one do not support mandatory detention and firmly believe refugees are not breaking the law by coming here. Ruddoch, Howard and his ilk do not stand for me or what I believe. They for me represent the worst elements of our nation and humanity, I hesitate to even include them in that class but unfortunatly not only are they fellow human beings but we as a democracy elected them.
456. Melanie Smith, Sydney NSW
If we were to have civil war in our country, or if we were supressed as a people would we accept the same treatment that we are allowing our government to give to others. It is not surprising that we have one of the worst Human Rights records in the world, as a people, as a combined force we need to change this! Let's love and accept diversity instead of fearing it!
457. Nury Echeverria Silva, Melbourne VIC
458. Jacqueline Patrick, Jenkintown, Pennsylvania, USA
459. Teresa Johnston, Otaki, Kapiti Coast, New Zealand
At last ... Idealism being put into Action. Well done. Keep up the Good Work.
460. Homayoon Haidari, Wanniassa, Canberra
I am a refugee and I really want to be an Australian and have a permanent visa
461. Melly Lewis, Darwin, NT
They say the opposite of love is not hate but fear. I hope sometime soon people wake up to the way in which we are constantly encouraged to fear and put up more walls between ourselves and those who are different. Refugees are people like us who deserve compassion & respect and thank goodness there are many Australians who feel that way.
462. Leah Armand, Hobart, Tasmania
I hope Ruddock and Howard die slow painful deaths in the very near future.
463. Melissa Venvillel, Feminist Cheerleaders, Brisbane QLD
464. Lorraine Maftoum, N.S.W. Teachers Federation, Sydney NSW
465. William Taylor, Melbourne VIC
466. Paul Falzon, Vinnies, Kingsgrove NSW
467. Catherine Smith, Coalition for Justice for refugees, Chelsea, VIC
468. Anna Foley, Brisbane QLD
469. Natalie Waghorne, West Footscray VIC
I fully endorse this document in the hope that some day soon it will become law and we will no longer need to feel ashamed about Australia's treatment of those seeking assylum in our beautiful, safe country.
470. Jane Siddall, Perth WA
Children have the right to a peaceful world, and adults have a responsibility in ensuring that this is possible.
471. Hamish Danks Brown, writer and member Noosa4Peace, Noosa Heads, QLD
Justice and proper humane treatment for refugees is mandatory - Australia's current and cruel incarceration in detention centres is a disgrace!
472. Ferdos, com yours Melbourne Vic
473. Carmel E Young, Albury NSW
I am outraged by the present governments racism and continual lies - all individual human beings have the same rights from birth to death. We must all work for peace and justice and never give up.
474. S. Allen Sydney NSW
475. Laurie Walsh, Bunbury WA
476. Sarah Foley, London, United Kingdom
477. Nancy & Mike Murphy, Warwick QLD
What will our children and grandchildren think of us when they understand what is being done to the men, women and children who came to us asking for help after fleeing the most horrific circumstances in their native lands?
478. Liz Varrenti, Coburg, RAC/Amnesty International/Independent, Melbourne
AZADI - Visas for all asylum seekers - No deportations ... and all asylum seekers .... AZADI!!!!!!
479. Elizabeth Clarke, Glebe NSW
480. Linda Simonis, Perth WA
The Howard Government's treatment of refugees is a disgrace and an insult to all standards of decency.
481. Merrill Moore, MacGregor ACT
I am so ashamed of the Australia that this liberal government is changing us into. I'm proud of the 'bleeding heart' tag......at least I have a heart to bleed, unlike Howard and Ruddock and their henchmen. How can there not be an uprising against their unhumane and immoral policies?
482. Sally Richards, Canberra ACT
483. Lyn Serventy Margaret River WA
484. Bronwyn Vost, Enmore, Sydney NSW
A good document. I want the Australian Government to act accordingly.
485. Hooman Golabi Zadeh & Emma Hughes, Tehran, Iran - VIC
No government has any right to lock up humans for no good reason
486. James Miller, Brighton East, Victoria
I continue to be appalled and ashamed at the way Australia treats refugees. It distresses me enormously. I wish I new how I could be more effective in changing the present situation
487. Margaret Tonkin, Ballarat Refugee Support Group, Ballarat VIC
A very comprehensive and encouraging document
488. Daniel Nugent, Melbourne VIC
489. Brian Souter, Canberra ACT
Recent pictures show the asylum seekers caring for their children: but the howard govt has shown little care for the truth. It must be impeached
490. Joan Good, Rural Australians for Refugees, LV group, Traralgon Vic
Good on you. I believe in Human Rights and in our obligations under International treaties, and more than anything, I believe in treating people as we would like to be treated in similar circumstances. Do as you would be done by.
491. Michelle, Melbourne, VIC
I think John Howard is the most inhumane man, and so is his sidekick Ruddock. i think we shoudl lock this 2 low lifes in the detention centres and see the lengths they would go through to get out.
492. Parijat Wismer, Byron Bay, NSW
This is urgent, it has to happen now. It is our responsibility to support refugees, not punish them.
493. Jennifer Fuller, Emerald Beach, NSW
494. Brad Evans, Cambridge, UK
It's a shame Howard ain't listening! He might need the plugs of stone removed from his ears first!
495. Rhonda Rundell-Gordon, Deniliquin, NSW
What will I tell my grandchildren about how we have treated these poor people?
496. Fiona Hillary, Margaret River Community Language School, Margaret River WA
497. Lara Malin, Gosnells WA
498. Anna Stiller, Melbourne Victoria
I am deeply appalled, distressed and outraged by the inhumane and immoral treatment of asylum seekers in this country.
499. Trish Mann, Murwillumbah NSW
500. Fiona Jameson, Lismore RAR, Lismore NSW