The Australian People's Refugee Visa
List of Endorsements 201-300
201. Annah Evington, Byron Bay NSW
202. Neil Campbell, Melbourne VIC
let them ALL in; plenty of room here.
203. david mackinnon, Labridog family, Angaston SA
It's a matter of simple hospitality and a response based on recognition of neighbourliness not fear
204. amanda jennings, bellingen rural australians for refugees, Bellingen NSW
205. Margaret Cherry, Brisbane QLD
206. Peter Tacke, Bilambil Heights-Tweed Heads NSW
207. Rod Smith, Coffs Harbour NSW
This dreadful treatment of asylum seekers by the Australian Government must stop.
208. Heidi Moss, Melbourne
We are thinking of you!!!
209. sabine holt, World's Biggest Hug for Peace, Wollongong NSW
210. Catheryn Lewis, Refugee Action Collective, Canberra ACT
We also need to think about an amnesty for all asylum seekers who have escaped, so they can be let back into the system once we have ended Mandatory detention.
211. Sabrina Symons, Sydney NSW
I want the razor wire fences down. Now.
212. Darian Clark, Canberra ACT
213. Julia MacDonell, Canberra ACT
214. Hidayat, Australian National University, Canberra ACT
215. DIAZ GONZALES, HUGHES, Canberra ACT
WHY DON'T YOU FOLLOW THE WAY ABORIGINAL AUSTRALIA ACCEPT YOU HERE BRO...?
216. Wendy Eden, Natimuk VIC
217. Bhavani Stoddart, Canberra ACT
I'm so sorry.... please forgive us.
218. John Ringland, Canberra ACT
219. Sally Dawson, Canberra ACT
220. Jane Keogh, Hackett ACT
The lack of respect shown to asylum seekers in Australia is inhumane and unchristian and demeans every Australian.
221. Sarah Gowty, Canberra ACT
Compassion is not a burden. In Australia we are fortunate to live in peace and are free from persecution. What right do we have to deny others the same.
222. Harvey Arden, dreamkeepers.net, Washington, DC USA
223. Bubee B. Bulbenik, Master Clown/AKA Steve Bissell, Clowns of the World Unite, Fort Bliss, Texas, USA
Clown ministries are praying for the situation in Australia. Pray for peace in our world. I'd like to help with the Christmas event, if possible. If I can't be there, I could produce a video conference program to help with fill time in between musical acts. Let me know at email@example.com or write the Million Dollar Clown, PO Box 6844, Fort Bliss, Texas 79906-0844. A member of Clowns of America International, Inc. since 1972.
224. Maree Fieldes, Sydney NSW
225. Patrick Edwin Cooley, Coquitlam CAN
I am a Citizen of Canada
226. Frankie, Labrador
What's so special about a nation that was BUILT by the SAME foreigners that it won't let in. Who do "aussies" think they are ... aussies!!!--) quack,quack, wrong answer, there's no such race. Wether Poms as "aussies" call them or Wogs, WE are also part of this country. The sooner people in this country realize that the race is here, it has arrived, all the other countries have been accepting refugees for as long as they have been looking for SAFE havens, but the GREAT aussie lifestyle (whatever that means) managed to: 1/ shoot at a ship carrying refugees; 2/ put them in any place as long it was not here; 3/ smile while all of it was on T.V. .... they will keep on coming to Australia because there is no other place to go, i.e. on the GLOBE! So since Australia does not own the Globe it will end up with people that need a home on this Globe, the Globe that Australia is a part of. In the meantime those "aussies" that PRETEND to be goverment officials should be selling olives down at the market.
227. Michelle Pitman, Horsham VIC
We can only remain great amoung the giants of the western world by humbling ourselves before the agony of the afflicted individual.
228. Rosemary Photopoulos, Gosford NSW
229. Chris Chaplin, The Greens (Victoria); RAC Vic. Preston VIC
This is a great People's Visa! I hope the 2nd draft will also honour the original custodians of this land & acknowledge the welcome many indigenous elders have extended to us original "unauthorised immigrants" and their descendents.
230. Joan Miller, Cooloongup, Rockingham WA
Wish the Gov. thought this way.
231. melody edwardson, Brisbane QLD
232. Sharon Duthie, Northcote, Melbourne VIC
One detainee at Maribrynong Immigration Detention Centre told me "I experienced physical toture in my homeland but this psychological torture of uncertainty is much, much worse."
233. Matt Hamon, Adelaide SA
It's only a matter of time until something must be done!
234. Grace Gorman, Melbourne VIC
235. Lyn Freeman, Perth WA
I endorse this Visa.
236. Tas Michael, Bridgetown WA
When the first europeans occupied the swan river colony here in what we call western australia the supplies of food ran out months before the next ships arrived. The local tribe rather than seeing them as a threat generously sustained them with local food. What a lack of decency and gratitude we have shown! Why are we so afraid of people who seek a better life here now? Welcome to all people who come here to seek asylum.
237. Gnari Michael, Canberra
238. Ms Meg Curtain, Wellington NSW
I am ashamed to be called an Australian
239. Ramesh ~refugee~ Sri Lanka, Colombo
240. Amanda Frizzell, Umina, Central Coast NSW
241. Pat Feehelly, Bannaby NSW 2580
242. Mohammed El Sharifi, Islamic takeover of Australia, Liverpool NSW
Free all muslims now
243. Grace McCaughey, Newstead VIC
Well done Jack. We are winning this war against Howard & Co.
244. J Lindsay, individual, Sydney NSW
A great dream, a compassionate Australia
245. Martin Borg, Sydney NSW
246. Kate Stavert, Katoomba NSW
247. Maureen Keady, Sydney NSW
I am working for an end to mandatory detention and to the so called Pacific solution.
248. Gregory Wilmot, Sydney NSW
Little Johnny the Howard doesn't want to play with those dirty smelly Afgani children, (the archbishop said he'd go blind). So he asked his dad Sir Philip of Roddockland to send them all to the Wommering Pit of Infinite Queue Jumping.
249. Andrew Burley, Burwood VIC
250. Sara Saint-Saens, Mullumbimby NSW
251. Eric von Nida, Scarborough WA
It is so strange having grown up in Australia, to suddenly feel ashamed of the way our government is treating refugees.
252. J. Moss, Melbourne VIC
I am glad to see all the endorsements of the document but how I wished there were a lot more. Since Tampa I have been awakened and I feel so much pain and shame on how we treat refugees. I am embarrassed but I know the ache in my chest and throughout my being cannot be compared to what these poor people are suffering in my own homeland. I want it to be their homeland too and I want it to be the best it can be for all of us who live on planet Earth. I dream that things change soon for our refugees, in the meantime I would like to say that I am so sorry.
253. Celia Harris, Sydney NSW
254. Michelle Everitt, Adelaide SA
255. Marietta Elliott, Melbourne VIC
256. Anne Simpson, Bellingen Rural Australians for Refugees, Urunga NSW
257. Gillian Pechey, Maleny QLD
thanks for keeping the protest going
258. Rebecca, Adelaide SA
The Government's actions towards refugees are totally inhumane. I consider Ruddock to be a terrorist!
259. Rachel Goff, Lakes Entrance NSW
260. National Alliance, USA
Australia for Whites only... [?]
261. Janine Quine, Brisbane QLD
I whole-heartedly endorse this document. Reading through it made me feel even more ashamed at our treatment of the refugees. Surely our efforts will bear fruit soon.
262. Kate Arciuli, Newtwon, Sydney NSW
263. Bruce Schubert, PeopleSkills Counselling, Parkes NSW 2870
go for it!
264. Philippe Moreau, RAC Sydney NSW
265. SALLY STEVENS, London
266. Leisa Robinson, Hornsby NSW
267. Paul Pritchard, Hobart TAS
I don't know how John Howard can sleep at night!
268. Cathy Sullivan, Tasmanians for Refugees, Lenah Valley TAS
269. Mary Sexton, Canberra ACT
270. Michael Evans, Armidale NSW
Thank you for drafting this easy-to-read statement of our aspirations to justice and the rule of international law in refugee affairs.
271. Lynley Aldridge, Hurstville VIC
272. Helen Eager, Clifton Hill, Melbourne VIC
273. Alex McWilliam, Refugee Action Committee, Canberra ACT
274. Paul [surname removed], Epping VIC
275. Margitta Acker, Canberra ACT
276. Roger Chao, Blackburn VIC
277. Kathryn Trass, Sydney NSW
278. Susan Pasmik, Granville NSW
279. Catherine, Launching Place NSW
280. Kieron Michaels, Sydney NSW
281. Jo Errey, Sydney NSW
282. Margaret McMillan, Tasmanians for Refugees, Hobart TAS
283. G. H. SCHOREL-HLAVKA, may justice always prevail - Rosanna East VIC
We do not protect our country by hysteria and fear, but by showing common sense and show compassion to those in need.
284. Tanvir Kazmi, Roseville NSW
If Mary and Jesus had asked for Asylum in Australia John Howard would first have said that Mary deliberately endangered her child, then locked her up and then invited some Zionist to give talks vilifying her and her beliefs. After all she would have been an Asylum Seeker from Middle East.
285. peter abolfathi, Adelaide SA
286. Sophie Divliaev, Como WA
I urge everyone to write letters, send emails and make phone calls. We must fight the apathy and ignorance plaguing Australia every step of the way. Do not let the powers that be sweep this under the carpet! In the end, we will all be held accountable for our actions and inactions.
287. Isaac Larbi, Accra, Ghana
The world belongs to us all.
288. David Fitch, London, UK
289. Ben Holden, Accent Rehabilitation Service, Sydney NSW
END MANDATORY DETENTION NOW!
290. Angèlique Richardson, Batemans Bay NSW
I am ashamed.
291. MengYang Wang, Adelaide SA
292. Joseph Heffernan, YouthLink, Perth WA
There is no doubt that the major political parties used the issue of refugess as the major focus at the last Federll election. There has been so much crap and lies thrown around about the need to detain people, and this needs to be counterbalanced with the basic human rights of individuals.
293. Tina Ellen Richardson, RRAN, Refugee Council, Denmark WA
294. Gaby Lott, Rural Australians For Refugees, Bodalla NSW
I am only 11. I am Australian. I am angry. How can John Howard sleep at night? I am disgusted at our government. We are meant to be advancing, not going backwards. We need a media release on Tampa Day, 26th of August if anyone is interested ... I feel very strongly towards all refugees, but feel helpless, what can an 11 year old do?
Gaby Lott, Bodalla NSW
295. sarah jane rutherford, one love for all, Perth WA
perhaps more specifically solution based document, where instead of mandatory sentencing, sustainable living communities, instead of bureaucrats processing refugee forms what about employing those with a background in immigration ... perhaps intiating university units in immigration (like in social work, law), and suggesting more input into IT so those processing forms have current information on global conflict through a system that daily examines the world's media (as objectively as possible) and that also looks at sectors in australia's economy that needs employment.. directing individuals with their individual talents towards industries of need... but hey super initative!
296. Matthew Stott, Perth WA
297. A. Kent Kingston, Adelaide SA
298. Jim Norman, Orange Refugee Support Group, Orange NSW
I am ashamed of the un-Australian way in which our government has manipulated the so-called "crisis" to further its own political ends. What price leadership? What price compassion? What price truth?
299. Marie Bonne, RAR, Castlemaine VIC
300. Dale Webster, Hobart TAS
We need leadership on this issue, not tired sad White Australia rhetoric. When will our PM wake up for his 1950's slumber.