Order form for the movie documentary Holiday Camp (DVD)
How is your liberation bound up with mine?
Holiday Camp is a 45 minutes documentary, which investigates the current Australian immigration policies in the context of 200 years of colonization. It is currently screening throughout Europe. The BORDERPANIC project hosted the Australian premiere in Sydney, on the 11th of September. Holiday Camp connects the issues of indigenous dispossession, genocide, and the incarceration of refugees. It explores the implications of the mandatory detention system and the construction of national borders.
Title: Holiday Camp
Subtitle: How is your liberation bound up with mine?
Producers: Drive-by Shooting, tall storeez productionz
Category: Social issues, Australian, Refugees, Indigenous, Dispossession, Colonisation, Incarceration
Featured: Adelaide/Hamburg 2002
Format: DVD Disk (PAL, Australian)
Copyright: Drive-by Shooting
Distribution: Project SafeCom Inc.
Duration: 47 minutes
Holiday Camp previously featured at:
- The European no-border-camp convergences in Strasbourg, France (19-30 July 2002), and Jena, Germany (25-30 June 2002)
- The Second European People's Global Action conference in Leiden, Netherlands (1-4 September 2002)
- BORDERPANIC conference in Sydney, Australia (11 September 2002)
- The Electro Fringe Newcastle, Australia (3 October 2002)
- Channel 31 Sydney and Melbourne (November 2002)
- StraightOutOfBrisbane Festival (19 November 2002)
- Transmediale 03, Berlin, Germany (4 February 2003)
- CounterConference Toronto, Canada (6 April 2003)
- Sehsuechte03, International Students Film Festival, Berlin-Potsdam, (29 April-4 May 2003)
- The WildSpaces Film Festival, Australia (1-3 August 03)
Important Notice about this item: